In today’s Member Spotlight is Vine Maple Place, a Christian nonprofit that transforms lives by preventing and ending homelessness. Though it is a multi-step process, they break their work down into three key areas:
- Offering safety (stable housing and temporary rent assistance, basic needs and counseling)
- Providing stability (employment and wage development, budgeting and family healing)
- Equipping clients for self-sufficiency (livable wage jobs, life skills and family bonding)
Key statistics from fiscal year 2020:
- Served 524 families and 1,603 individuals
- 91% of families were successfully housed 1 year later
- Average cost per family is $5,716 for 5 ½ months in the Stable Families Program
- They provided 12,267 meals through their Hot Meals Pilot Program.
- The nonprofit received 2,435 desperate calls for help in 2020.
- For every 1 family they can help, 4 families are turned away.
- 40 new families with 80 children enter the program every month.
- 7 out of 10 individuals have experienced or witnessed domestic violence.
- 100% live below the federal poverty level or are severely low income when they enter the program.
- 86% of parents leave the program employed and with greater financial stability.
To learn more about Vine Maple Place, which primarily serves clients in Maple Valley, Covington, Kent, Renton and Auburn, visit VineMaplePlace.org online.
Copyright Covington Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.
P. O. Box 8041, Covington, Washington 98042
Phone: (253) 780-1555 | email@example.com